ICT Security Officer at PostBank Uganda Ltd
- In: Jobs and employment
- Date: Sept. 6, 2017, 4:05 p.m.
- Location: Kla Uganda
- ID: 266
ICT Security Officer
- Job Title: ICT Security Officer
- Organisation: PostBank Uganda Ltd
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- About US:
- PostBank Uganda Ltd is a government owned bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. The bank focuses on the mass market with operations spread across the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Risk Assessment and Incident Prevention: Develop and implement an ongoing risk assessment program targeting information security and privacy matters; recommend methods for vulnerability detection and remediation, and oversee vulnerability testing.
- Policy: Coordinate the development and bank information security policies, standards and procedures. Work with key ICT and E-Banking personnel, data custodians and bank leadership in the development of such policies. Ensure that bank policies support compliance with external requirements. Oversee the dissemination of policies, standards and procedures to the bank community
- Education and training: Oversee the development and delivery of an education and training program on information security and privacy matters for employees, and all authorized users. Should ensure that all employees are fully educated about their information security and privacy protection responsibilities.
- Compliance and Enforcement: Serve as the bank compliance officer with respect to bank information security policies and regulations while protecting the bank’s information and information processing assets. He / She should as well coordinate information security efforts with the Internal Audit department.
- Incident Response: Develop and implement an incident reporting and response system to address bank Information security incidents (breaches), respond to alleged policy violations or complaints from external parties. Serve as the official bank contact point for information security, privacy and copyright infringement incidents, including relationships with law enforcement entities.
- Maintain Knowledgebase: Stay abreast of latest Information security and privacy legislation, regulations, advisories, alerts and vulnerabilities pertaining to the bank and its mission.
- Emergency Preparedness: The incumbent will participate in bank disaster recovery and emergency operating on a regular basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Information Technology or related discipline required
Professional certification in any of the following; CISSP, MCSA, CISA, CIA is an added advantage
Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build consensus across departments and among stakeholders who rely on information and information systems for bank operations.
Performing ongoing risk assessments, evaluation of information security controls, and proactively maintaining compliance with industry regulations related to information security
Previous exposure and experience with a wide range of relevant systems, and security monitoring and detection tools.
Extensive ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and monitor IT security systems
Proactive and accountable.
Excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
Integrity, a hard worker and ability to manage change.
Strong written and verbal communication ability.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are invited to send their applications enclosing curriculum vitae, copies of academic, professional certificates and contact addresses of three referees. Applications should be sent by post, courier, hand delivery or e-mail to the following address;
The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd,
4th Floor, DTB Centre, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 34934, Kampala. Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 18th September 2017